We're looking for a highly motivated CASA Advocate Coordinator to open our newly created
CASA office in St. Joseph County, Michigan (Three Rivers).
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Advocate Coordinator will assist the CASA Program Director in sustaining the CASA Program and specifically, operations in Saint Joseph County, Michigan. This is a multifaceted position supporting and mentoring a core group of CASA Volunteer Advocates who provide direct service to children in dependency proceedings assigned to the program. The program will initially support a part time employee with the intention that the position will increase to full-time when appropriate.
· Hold a bachelor’s degree in social work or related social service field preferred. Those with relevant work experience or an associate’s degree will be considered based on the strength of their work and/or other experiences.
· Previous experience working with, supporting and motivating volunteers is preferred.
· Knowledge and understanding of child abuse and neglect, families in crisis, and other social service skills are preferred.
· Knowledge of community resources and services provided in Saint Joseph County is preferred.
· Computer literacy including Outlook, Excel, and Word. QuickBooks experience a plus.
· Excellent written and oral communication. A writing sample may be requested.
· Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, properly insured automobile and a good driving record. The ability to travel as necessary.
· Able to pass a DHHS Central Registry Check and full criminal background check.
· A positive, flexible, collaborative team player.
· A flexible schedule.
· The ability to quickly change focus to accommodate the needs of the position.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and ethics at all times.
· Demonstrated respect for all people regardless of background, culture, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender, etc.
· Be at least 21 years of age and pass a pre-employment drug screen (10 panel).
The responsibilities listed below should not be interpreted as all inclusive. The advocate coordinator may be requested to perform job-related duties other than those outlined in this offering
Schedule: Regular Part-Time/Non-Exempt
Hourly rate: $20.00 (maximum 20 hours/week, no benefits), monthly cell phone allowance, and mileage
Supervisor: CASA Program Director
This posting will remain open until filled. To apply, please forward your resume to Jamie Brooks, CASA of Southwest Michigan Program Director at Jamie@CASAswmi.org
Equal Opportunity Employer